So, how was your holiday season?

...from interwebs
I'm still alive! You wouldn't know it by the posts on this site but I am. Last year was just super busy personally and professionally, which left me little time to dedicate to the blog. Generally, each original post usually takes about 5-6 hrs to produce, believe it or not, which has been a challenge to fit into my schedule, already in perpetual flux.

The constant bouncing around between ships all over Eastern and Central Canada has not help either. It seems I have a flexible personality and even more flexible set of skills that are in high demand. Unfortunately, it leads to a vicarious lifestyle with little predictability - life of a modern sailor I guess.

Here's my holiday schedule: flew to St John's from Vancouver to join one boat, less than 24 hrs later, back to Toronto, to join another boat, for "a three or four day job". One week later, Christmas morning, weather a sudden and violent windstorm on Lake Ontario, getting tossed around like laundry in a washing machine.

Christmas dinner, lunch really (only meal of the day), was at Pearson airport, at the Mill Street, on my way to St John's. Two days on my first boat, I get dispatched to another boat, for "a two day job" up the Newfoundland coast. ...one week later, on New Year's Day, I am back on first boat in St John's.

A little less than a week later, I get sent to Hamilton on boat number four. Needles to say, I am looking forward to seeing the end of this six week hitch, in just under two weeks.

I don;t foresee much free time in the near future, but I hope to put up some mental morsel for you to contemplate soon. In the mean time, Happy New Year.

Labels: , , , ,